Saturday, January 13, 2007

Not much news...

I imagine it's been a couple of days since my last post, and I can't think of much that's happened. I went to a couple of birthday parties, the first one Janine's. It's always nice to go spend time with that family, her parents are the most wonderful people and they always make you feel welcome and wanted. They're pretty special.
A trio of girls were at that party, and I tried my best to play a bit with them and making them smile. One of them, the one with the hottest body, wouldn't even look at me. Like I was beneath or something. Don't know what to call her exactly, but let's stick with 'snob'. My interest in her ceased to exist rather quickly. So on to the other two. One of them had amazing eyes, grayish green or something, and I played with her quite a bit and I got a smile or two. The sweet girl I didn't talk to much, but she was right there while I was playing with the other.
Come departure time, I ask Janine whether the two non-snob girls have boyfriends. Only the grayish green eyed did. So I stopped the sweet one on her way out and ask her if she would like to go for coffee sometime, and she doesn't even make eye contact with me, laughs a bit and proceeds to the exit.
Is it so much to ask to at least reply with an "I'm not interested"? What am I, some looser geek who's not even in the same league as her? Even if that was true, it is very rude to just laugh and ignore the other person if they're being polite (as I was). Actually, now that I reread what I wrote, it probably is true - she's not in the same league as me. She wished.

Don't know what to call that attitude either, but immaturity comes to mind. At a minimum.


Tonight I got another birthday party. Somehow the restaurant screwed up the reservations and we ended up dining at 00:30 (reservations were for 9 pm). Lots of complaining and stress aside,
there's not much to tell. I can pretty much look at anybody now and know if they're feeling OK or not, and most people there (75% female) were not. But I couldn't do much about it, it seems I still can't cut very well through that layer of bullshit that people have around them. Or maybe I still care to much that I'm talking too much nonsense to people who I feel aren't comfortable with me. I'm getting pretty snobbish myself, thinking that all those people would be a lot happier if they were like me... More open, more "I don't care", more "let's be happy". Hmm can't say there seems to be anything wrong with that attitude from me, though.
An older girl from the party (she was 35, decent looking) was the most playful of the bunch. I got to talk to her a bit and, before she left, got her email. She lives an hour and a half away, so I won't be seeing much of her, but hell it never hurt to ask for an email. She might be fun to talk to.

I just hope next posts will be about curing my procrastination. Till then.

No comments: